The 67th Precinct Clergy Council, “The GodSquad,” is grateful to the Majority Leader of the United States Senate, Chuck Schumer, for earmarking $1 million in federal funds to the organization in 2023. Our Brooklyn native Senator understands the importance of healing and empowering our communities impacted by gun violence and has sought to invest resources which will directly help to transform our communities in Central Brooklyn. This is GodSquad History!!!
This investment will expand our reach through our community-based programs:
- Mothers for Safe Cities (MSC) – a healing and empowerment network for mothers and families of homicide victims
- Flatbush Leadership Academy (FLA) – our flagship leadership and mentorship program for youth designed to build leaders and successful members of society.
- NextGen – providing supportive re-entry services in the areas of mentoring, tutoring, education and employment to young people impacted by the criminal legal system.
- Single Parents University (SPU) – Providing single parents with the tools and strategies needed to achieve their goals, foster family relationships and establish essential connections
- Clergy for Safe Cities (CSC) – clergy-based gun violence prevention coalition seeking to decrease the involvement of young people in gangs, crime and gun violence in cities across America.
As part of our expansion of care to the community, we have committed to opening a spiritual care center at OBH – Kingsbrook Jewish Campus, providing a safe space for community engagement and partnering organizations.
We believe in the power of presence which will effect change and so does Senator Schumer. On behalf of the 100 faith leaders in Central Brooklyn, over 500 trained clergy from across America with Clergy for Safe Cities, the families and the youth, we are grateful for the continued partnership as we continue in the fight to putting an end to gun violence. Please join us in saying a big THANK YOU!
Courtesy of the 67th Precinct Clergy Council