June 12


Flatbush – E-Bike Fire Causes Significant Damage to Nostrand Restaurant

June 12, 2023

Firefighters removed six e-bikes and lithium-ion batteries from a restaurant fire at 1553 Nostrand Avenue, near Albemarle Road, on Saturday, June 3rd.

Fire Department personnel were met with heavy fire conditions on the first floor of the restaurant around 1:45 p.m., and the fire extended to a second-floor apartment. Units used three hose lines to battle the blaze, which was brought under control by 3:30 p.m.
Searches throughout the commercial unit and apartment yielded negative results for trapped workers and civilians. The FDNY’s Hazmat team removed all six e-bikes and confiscated the batteries.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}